Planner and Stylist in Southern California and beyond. Contact me at sweetemiliajane@gmail.com.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Mismatched Wedding Party Done Right

{image by Armosa Studios}

I love love love when the wedding party has pretty much complete creative freedom over their wedding day attire. Most likely these are the couple's best friends and they love them because of who they are, right? So why, oh, why do we insist on making them look like a little army of matching satin soldiers? There is just something so special about letting each person's personality shine through (and I'm sure they will appreciate being able to pick a shape that flatters their figure). If you're worried about it not looking cohesive enough or not matching the decor then come up with a theme (rock n' roll chic or casual elegance, for example) or a color scheme. The bridal party from this wedding recently featured at Southern Weddings is the PERFECT example of a mismatched bridal party. The outfits aren't all over the place but each girl looks comfortable and beautiful!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! It really came together well! I am a noob to all of this and am trying to network with brides to be. Please take a look at my blog at http://weddingcrashersguide.blogspot.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I offered that to my girls, and when we went shopping --- they all chose the same dress! Go figure!

    ReplyDelete