Planner and Stylist in Southern California and beyond. Contact me at sweetemiliajane@gmail.com.

Monday, April 19, 2010

A Word on Trends

{my fiance and I being big dorks in the photo booth}

I don't know about you but I spend way too much time looking at wedding blogs. There are times when I see a certain trend in weddings over and over again and I wonder if it's overdone. Then I remember that the normal human being does not have over 100 blogs in their google reader. So if there is something you have been dying to do (photo booth is the big one for me) but you are afraid it's too trendy remember that the majority of your guests don't read Style Me Pretty or Offbeat Bride. This trend for you will be completely new to them. For example, this past weekend I set up a photo booth for my friends 29th birthday. We had a table of props and a backdrop and I took photos of all the guests with my Polaroid camera. Every single person was impressed with the idea. They had never seen a mock photo booth anywhere before and thought it was totally originally. So do the thing you have your heart set on and don't correct anyone when they tell you what a great idea it is!

2 comments: