Planner and Stylist in Southern California and beyond. Contact me at sweetemiliajane@gmail.com.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

LA Love Boards

Sometimes when we're planning an event we can get completely overwhelmed by all the images and themes and styles out there. It's hard to rein in our own personal style and focus on the vision for the day. I'm a big fan of inspiration boards and inspiration vignettes to organize my thoughts when I'm planning a party.


LAL #2


I made these two boards for Los Angeles Love who wants to fuse glam with their rustic venue. She really likes the idea of sustainable centerpieces like succulents and jewel toned hues. Through the links she sent me I got a SoCal natural elegance vibe. Her and her man are into hiking and discovering new places around LA so I thought it would fun to incorporate things they find on their hikes into the decor. I adore the photo by Gemma Comas of a twig as a place card alternative. You don't need 5 foot centerpieces dripping with crystals to create elegance, folks. Succulent boxes, DIY paper decor can be easy options for prettying up a space on a budget.

If you would like an inspiration board of your very own please click here.

2 comments:

  1. You truly are the best and got it exactly right. J and I love these.

    ReplyDelete