Planner and Stylist in Southern California and beyond. Contact me at sweetemiliajane@gmail.com.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Inspiration Board: European Garden with an East Coast Flair

I am really excited to be planning the wedding of our dear, dear friends in September. They have been so good to us since we moved to Southern California from finding our first apartment to letting us (and our dog and cat) crash in their guest room when our house flooded (I was actually napping in the guest room when he proposed!). They are the best friends anyone could ask for and I am thrilled that they have let me be a part of their big day!
Sarah & Chaz
Being East Coast transplants like us they wanted some "east coast flair" at their San Diego wedding. What better way to incorporate the east coast than bringing in those great New England, autumn colors? We've also found inspiration from her Italian roots and the PHENOMENAL reception location - Old Venice Restaurant - and will incorporate an old world European garden feel. I sent over this shoot from Once Wed and they were immediately smitten with the wild garden/autumn colors. Then I saw these program fans from Design Sponge and they are perfect! Their cats, Putty & Socks, are their babies so it is only natural that we would have them be part of the ceremony!

3 comments:

  1. these are beautiful! can you tell me where the shoes are from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! The shoes are from this wedding - http://www.stylemepretty.com/gallery/photo/37jpg+19088

    ReplyDelete