Planner and Stylist in Southern California and beyond. Contact me at sweetemiliajane@gmail.com.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

La Jolla Vintage Baby Shower

Remember this board? Well, I can finally reveal the photos by my super talented friend Aimee of Captured by Aimee. I have been waiting so long because I was hoping that one of my favorite blogs of all time - The Sweetest Occasion - would like it enough to post it. Well, today is a really good day because it is up! The mommy-to-be (now the mommy of an adorable baby boy, Max) loves the color combination blue and tan so I started with that for our inspiration along with an eclectic vintage feel. I paired boyish stripes with pretty floral patterns for the table runners along with my collection of milk glass full of big, fluffy pink peonies.

Baby Shower I

Erin Ever After designed the most adorable invites for the party along with our sign for the guest book table. Guests signed sweet blue hearts and dropped them into the bird cage full of blue tulle.

Baby Shower II

A big tub served as our beverage cooler. The host and mother of the father-to-be saw it and brought down the cutest photo of him as a baby in an identical tub! So cute!

Baby Shower III

Guests wore name tags with fuzzy animal stickers and drank mimosas and fruit punch of baby bottles with barber straws.

Baby Shower V

Along with the decor, I whipped up some cupcakes (preferred dessert of the new mommy) and they were served on the sweetest antique plates.

Baby Shower IV

10 comments:

  1. ummmmm LOOOOOOVEEEEEE!!!! This is SO gorgeous! Stunning work - you and Aimee both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw this looks like such a fun shower! beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it! I need a baby now so you can design a fabulous shower for me :) Working on it...definitely working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im in love with this setup. I hope I have a pretty shower like this one...one day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is just so beautiful! I need more of my friends to start having babies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have had so much fun looking at these photos. I would love to have a beautiful shower like this. EVERYTHING was so lovely and well planned out. I just love all those great little touches. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beyond beautiful!! What is tucked into the napkins on the table? Is it a game? If so, what is it about? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone! Yes, it was a game - Celebrity baby names (the mommy-to-be loves that stuff and surprise surprise she got them all right!).

    ReplyDelete